Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Green - Ted Dekker

As the pages turned in my first introduction to Ted Dekker, Black absorbed my interest quicker than most books. Day after day I would sneak away and read chapter upon chapter. Faster than anticipated I was finished with Black, moved into Red, and then completed White. I enjoy fiction, however Dekker’s characters no longer felt like fiction, emotions over took me as each page was turned. I could feel the anger, love, fear, and courage each character went through. Devastated the series was over I was THRILLED to see Dekker struck again and introduced Green. Wow a book that could be the beginning and the end. Not a prequel but a complete circle. The idea was genius to the idea behind the whole series, yet something I didn’t see coming.

Dekker did an excellent job working back through each character. Considering most of us who had read his book have taken a few years from the story, the idea that this book could be the beginning and the end yet go in detail over characters worked. If I had read all 4 books back to back I may of found myself a little bored in the beginning. Yet new characters were developed, yet knowing how great the first 3 were I wanted to dive into the store hook line and sinker. I would say I may be a little confused by some of the concepts of Green and the Great Romance and how Dekker puts a face on Evil if I had not read through the first 3 books.

I would have to wonder as well in what mood Dekker was in when writing this book. It is more intense in the evil department. Makes me wonder just how even our world has become. The book speaks truths and in some ways this reality is more than I would like to admit.

Dekker strikes again! A must read, but highly recommend to read Green last, but then again that would mean I recommend all 4!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home