Thursday, December 01, 2005

No Words of Wisdom from this Mouth

My new hobby (which my husband tends to roll his eyes at) is crocheting. Don't ask me why, I've never liked sewing, and I've attempted to crochet in the past and it has ended up being the disaster that got away. However now I know three very strong stitches and have made 4 scarves and am currently about to finish a blanket.

Why all this talk about something so mediocre, well I'm finally good at something. I can finally do something my sister can't, that others enjoy and that makes me feel as if I've accomplished something. I can turn something so chaotic into something beautiful, well at least I hope beautiful.

Needless to say my crocheting does not allow me to do much of my other hobby; reading. Hence I have finally succumb to the laziness of getting from the library book on CD. Yes my eyes work fine and I have time to read yet I would rather crochet and watch TV or listen to music and then turn around and drive to work listening to someone read to me. HOW LAZY CAN ONE BE?? Very I might add.

Anyway I'm currently listening to a book by James Patterson. I love mystery's and psycho things. I was a psych major what can I say? You have to be crazy to help right? This book is about as whacked out and unrealistic a book I have ever read. But the feelings are so real that I can't stop listening.

Why is it that the most outrageous things in life are the ones that seem to touch us most? Why do we look to the unrealistic to deal with realism in our lives?

So no true words of wisdom....Only meaningless thoughts....Or are they so meaningless....Maybe they are a way to cope. Am I running? Am I hiding?

I think I'm for once in my life I am looking myself in the mirror and noticing what is truly there. No longer do I see the blank stare or the gray skin. Even though there is pain there is finally realism in my life. God has closed the curtain to my play and allowed me to finally be a real person. No more acting. What you see is what you get. Wounds or no wounds Jennifer is finally a real person.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger David Korff said...

One thing that occurred to me as I read your thoughts today is that alot of times we have to be removed from our reality to really see how things like our emotions and reactions work.

Movies are a prime example of that they release you from your reality and you see how others react in their extreame situations and then come back to reality to look at your situation and begin to see similarities in your reactions and if you choose to you can learn and grow from them.

Definately good things to dwell on. Everything God brings past you in life you can learn from even if they seem completely unrealistic stories or movies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home